Areas of Expertise
Research shows that teachers are the single most important factor in raising student achievement. ERG uses modern and innovative staff development to sharpen teacher skills. By strategically planning a long term project with schools, ERG is able to embed content across the project so it can not only be understood, but applied in classrooms.
ERG is dedicated to modern and innovative staff development that focuses on the job-embedded coaching process. No substitutes are needed! Continuing our tradition of support, we have designed topics for schools and districts to help with the transition into Common Core State Standards and the Essentials.
In order to be productive and measurable, all projects have a specific focus. The following list includes possibilities:
- This service is designed to support the new teacher!
- Coaching sessions address classroom management, time management, content knowledge and instructional delivery.
- Participants will get model lessons, planning support and observations in the areas listed above!
- Content delivery from the Cris Tovani text of your choice.
- Copies of the Cris Tovani anchor text for participating teachers.
- Model lessons using Cris Tovani’s instructional model and planning circle.
- Job-embedded support sessions with a Tovani-trained ERG coach.
- Web based consultations with Cris Tovani.
- Reasoning and Collaborating in Math
- This service connects the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice to the Standards for Mathematical Content.
- Guided Math (NEW!)
- ERG Writer’s Workshop & Content Writing Support (NEW!!!)
- Explicit Reading Comprehension Instruction (whole group and small group)
- Comprehension and Collaboration (small group)
- Literacy Centers
- Content Literacy
Specific Support for High School
- Small Collaborative Groups (ELA and Content Area)
- Bridging the Comprehension Gap
- Content Literacy including constructed response work
*Education Resource Group develops and customizes workshops in reading, writing, math and more based on the specific needs of a school or school system!